Coloratura Christian

I sought the LORD, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed. (Psalm 34:4-5)

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Artistic Tolerance?

I just got back from singing in a Showcase Concert at the Royal Conservatory. The concert went well, however, I was struck again by how often Christian morals are either made little of or straight out rejected in the arts community. As I looked over the program, I noticed that they had cut one sentence from my bio:
She is active in her church and loves to spend time with her husband, Clint.
All my other listed hobbies were left in...I guess faith and family were not relevant? It's ironic considering these are the two most important things in my life!

4 Comments:

  • At April 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's pretty appalling. I'm going to look into who edits those programs and have a "talk" with them. Often biographies are edited for space purposes - but those were really details that they should not have touched.

    How did the performance go?

     
  • At April 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow - thats awful!

     
  • At April 23, 2006, Blogger Christel Humfrey said…

    Hi guys, thanks for the comments.

    I'm not actually upset. I was more surprised that anything. Phil, I'm sure you're right that they made the cut for space purposes. It's just interesting to see what they thought was the most irrelevant thing to cut.

     
  • At April 24, 2006, Blogger Ian Hugh Clary said…

    Unbelievable...well, not really.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home