Coloratura Christian

I sought the LORD, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed. (Psalm 34:4-5)

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Remembering Phoenix

My favorite cowboy recently posted about Phoenix and Caballo. It does make me sad to think about Phoenix going to the 'glue factory' seeing as he was the first horse that I ever rode.

There are certain things I don't miss, such as the gaseous emissions that he let out with each step he made, or him tripping on every little twig. I suppose these are merely the evils of his being old and out of shape.

However, there are many things in which we were like-minded. He loved to go slow (mainly because he was lazy), I loved to go slow (mainly because I was scared.) We felt free to chase cows at the speed we were good and comfortable with.

We were both afraid of the bulls. When they started fighting we were happy to go off in the other direction and watch at a distance as Clint and Caballo split up the fight.

He loved to eat, and although his wide belly made it hard to wrap my legs around him, I didn't mind because a wider seat made it easier to stay on.

Ah well, Phoenix is gone, and I suppose all earthly things must come to an end.

2 Comments:

  • At November 24, 2005, Blogger Ian Hugh Clary said…

    I can't believe you didn't wish Clint a happy birthday on your blog!

    Appalling.

    ;)

     
  • At November 27, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hehe - your post made me giggle! Sorry your horse is gone. I'm sure you'll find another trustworthy horse this summer. See you at Christmas!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home