Coloratura Christian

I sought the LORD, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed. (Psalm 34:4-5)

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Back in Alberta


Clint and I were more than happy to have our internet hooked up yesterday. We now feel connected to the world again!

We've been back for almost two weeks, and are slowly readjusting to this way of life. What a change from Toronto! Rather than sirens, we hear crickets. Rather than obscene yells echoing up from the alleyway, we hear the bulls bellowing from the fields. Best of all, the birds chirp here (as opposed to Toronto's birds that seem to almost groan.)


It still seems a little foreign to call myself a farmwife. I'm probably still more comfortable in my Toronto surroundings, but it is beautiful here.

Last night we enjoyed a wonderful time of fellowship with Dan and Marlene Sudfeld (aka Spudfiles and Home Maker). It was a refreshing time for us. It's always a treat to hang out with others who truly love the Lord.

This morning we worshipped with Blackie Community Bible Church. Pastor Todd Braye preached an excellent sermon on the nature of genuine, saving faith. There was an Edwards - like emphasis on the necessity of affections for Christ, and exhortation on how to achieve or increase our love for Christ.

We have had some discouragements and also some encouragements since returning. But God has been faithful in it all. We miss our dear friends in Toronto, but we also look to the Lord with anticipation for the future.

5 Comments:

  • At May 29, 2006, Blogger Paul said…

    Your safe return is an answer to prayer!
    Glad to hear you guys are back on the range again...

     
  • At May 29, 2006, Blogger Ian Hugh Clary said…

    We miss you guys too, but are glad that you're both up and blogging. Keep posting those pictures and maybe you'll woo Vicky and I out sooner than later!
    God bless.

     
  • At May 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I heard through the grapevine that you guys were finally back online. I'm glad. I've missed you - and I've missed the Coloratura Christian. Good to have you back. It is super hot here today. And though there is a lovely summer energy to the city today, the smog advisory has now been in effect for two consecutive days. In other Toronto news, the TTC went on strike today. Other than that, the birds are groaning as usual.
    We miss you!
    Elisha

     
  • At June 01, 2006, Blogger Christel Humfrey said…

    Hi Guys,
    Thanks for your comments!
    Ian, I'm glad the wooing process is beginning for you and Vicky. :)

    Elisha, I'm waiting with anticipation for your blog to appear. You are probably incredibly busy with the preparations for the OSB year-end show. I'll try and be patient. :)

     
  • At June 03, 2006, Blogger Marlene S. said…

    Yup... not sure what it is about them city birds, but I sometimes thought they sounded more like toads then birds.

    Now I've gotten to the point of recognizing different bird calls. Just tonight when we were buzzing Dawson's hair outside, there was a robin perched on the roof - giving us a free concert. God has designed some wonderful scores for them!

    We also relished our visit with you. Sure hope we can do so again soon. Call us if it rains :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home